Force of God
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 59 on Mon May 24, 2021 8:06 pm
Latest topics
» (FOG)Syler
General PC player mindset. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 5:42 pm by FOGHistorian

» (FOG)Fierce
General PC player mindset. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 5:38 pm by FOGHistorian

» (FOG)Ninja
General PC player mindset. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 5:33 pm by FOGHistorian

» (FOG)Mephiles
General PC player mindset. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 5:28 pm by FOGHistorian

» (FOG)Blade
General PC player mindset. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 5:25 pm by FOGHistorian

» (FOG)Younes
General PC player mindset. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 5:20 pm by FOGHistorian

» (FOG)Blaine
General PC player mindset. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 5:16 pm by FOGHistorian

» (FOG)Crash
General PC player mindset. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 5:12 pm by FOGHistorian

» (FOG)Fearless
General PC player mindset. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 5:08 pm by FOGHistorian

Top posters
(FOG)White-Wizard
General PC player mindset. I_vote_lcapGeneral PC player mindset. I_voting_barGeneral PC player mindset. I_vote_rcap 
(FOG)Spidey
General PC player mindset. I_vote_lcapGeneral PC player mindset. I_voting_barGeneral PC player mindset. I_vote_rcap 
Noble
Fearless
Vulcid
Crash
-Syler-
SplINteR
(FOG)YounesTheDrunk
Cake

General PC player mindset.

Go down 
+7
(FOG)White-Wizard
Sir Vestavian
Crash
~Golden~
(FOG)Spidey
{LOE}Tribunal
Vespillo
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Vespillo

General PC player mindset. Empty
PostSubject: General PC player mindset.   General PC player mindset. Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 7:08 pm

Been playing PC for around a week's time....and it is completely odd to me.... Because I am a force user, I am now considered a noob.....lol. When in fact, not one of these no forcers actally unerstands how good of a game this is if you actually take the time to learn the game mechanics and all the tricks and such. I am constantly taking flak from kids who say force requires no skill. My response is always the same, good force user vs good force user, will always be an epic back and forth battle that will dwindle any no force battle you could have. The amount of cunning, plannig, etc. far exceeds the block, roll, and dash attack that is no force. yet these kids never seem to get it. I even go as far as to tell them if they think it requires no skill and is easy to do, then to 1v1 me in a force rules match and see what happens. now, for the true reason I am posting this. I think it may be in our best interests as coming from such a competetive skill based game as the ps2 version, to pc, we need some legit competition other than JOG. So I kind of have an idea, that if we encounter any of these said players online, and they confront us by saying any of these scenarios, to actually not get confrontational about it. Maybe just offer to go in a private server and show them a few of the ropes..... If we so much as take them to a private server, and show them even the smallest thing. ex: show them what happens when you look at the block lines and how they wont be able to touch you. now keep in mind, right off the bat, you wouldn't want to tell them how its done, as at that point will have pb noobs all over the place. just demonstrate that it is possible to not take damage when being attacked if you know how. another good example would be to demonstrate how a bubble or stair hop would work, and how it can be used to your advantage when escaping, hop pushing, etc. and lastly, another good thing to demonstrate, choose a luke or yoda(the two that can inf run). Have them follow you around the map and try to keep up with any character of their choosing, obviously they wont be able to keep up. Ramp around a bit and just generally show them the ropes and how fun and challenging force can actually be. If they are interested after demonstrating these few things, take them under your wing so to speak(not an apprentice though, as we will have to get an ok from a leader in order to take on an apprentice.) Think about this for a minute, you find one dedicated no force noob, who wants to make the transaction to force, he in turn shows some of his friends, and the trend continues. It may take some time, but it ultimatly make pc a much more force friendly area, and give us a bit more competition. Because lets face it, the only places we can go and not have to worry about no forcers, is our server, JOG server, or Abyss. And even in Abyss, people still bitch when it is clearly stated it is a force server...lol. Oh well, let me know wht ya'll think
Back to top Go down
{LOE}Tribunal

PostSubject: Re: General PC player mindset.   General PC player mindset. Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 9:38 pm

...implying that any skilled pc no-forcers that have shut force out of their minds years ago now want to explore it. also for future reference, the swgo/wgo force server has had people whine about force ever since the server was conceived. (2006 i think)

additionally, cb and ramping are probably the most important (and used) abilities for no force. i'm pretty sure everyone knows what that is.
Back to top Go down
Vespillo

PostSubject: Re: General PC player mindset.   General PC player mindset. Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 10:40 pm

i never once said that no forcing requires no skill, as i myself can attest that i am terrible at it. I just was implying that actual technical force usage requires a lot MORE skill, which is why I feel a lot of ppl bitch about it. It ultimately comes down to one of two things, a. they are just ignorant as shit, or b. they are unwilling to actually invest the time and or effort it takes to actually become a decent player using force, so they write it off as a bad investment. I myself have been a force user since 08/09 on ps2, and by no means do I consider myself a master at this point. I am good, but i am not a superstar if you catch my understanding.

As far as the swgo server whining about force using, trust me i know. I think most of the ppl in there that whine about it fall under the A category stated above. And those are precisely the kind of ppl I am talking about "taking under a wing" so to speak, and showing them specifically how much fun and how technical force usage actually is. those in the SWGO server that fall under the B category stated above have a different scenario. They are usually just mad that their efforts at no force, will never be able to match even a bad force user, so they think it is stupid and therefore don't even bother. However again, if those same ppl actually took the time to learn it, they would really enjoy it, and not have to complain every time they et killed by a force user.

Ramping as you stated, I have never seen used in no forcing, as just about every no fore "duel" if you will, always seems to happen in the arena from what have seen so far. I could be wrong, just going off of my observations. And CBING?.......wtf is that? I assume you are saying corner blocking? I have seen a bunch of no forcers use that term......If I am in fact correct in that it stands for corner blocking, then that alone shows the ignorance of most no forcers when it comes to even a simple thing as blocking. Ask any pro player that originated from ps2, they will tell you that the so called "cb" or corner block, is actually different or every character, or that some characters blocks are stronger than others? Or that, if you can picture this, the corner block, actually does not have a damn thing to do with sitting in a corner and blocking, but actually has to do with geometric lines on the map, and how many of these said lines your character is facing at the time? Ever wonder why Maul, Vader, and Dooku, all seem to have a less powerful block than all the other characters? Its because they have to look at two of these lines, while all other characters only have to look at one for the block to work correctly.

Like I said, there is tons of info I can distribute to the no forcer who is interested in learning the ways of the force.......the ways of the gods........please feel free to try to set something up with me if you are interested.
Back to top Go down
{LOE}Tribunal

PostSubject: Re: General PC player mindset.   General PC player mindset. Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 11:32 pm

cb=center block. its the same concept as "pb", but it's just a good reference to think about imo (for all the characters). as for no force, it can get really stupid as people spam cb way too much. though playing no force without block is a lot of fun.

as for myself... i'm not sure. Raul, isaac and other Jog's have taught me a lot, so i think i have a decent understanding of force play. but then again i don't really like it. it just seems like a bunch of evading and only forcing when you sneak up on someone or simply wait for them to screw up (which is boring). and no force kind of lame these days as well, since no force servers are always filled with overly-aggressive spammers/block whores. I think conquest is what I prefer the most.

well, that and double pulling in swgo. Smile
Back to top Go down
(FOG)Spidey
Admin
(FOG)Spidey

PostSubject: Re: General PC player mindset.   General PC player mindset. Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 3:49 am

I would say no force takes equally as much skill when you compare it to how much you really do use no force moves while using force. You just don't use them that often, very rarely. Most of the time you get killed its because you tried doing a stupid no force move.

On the flip side, no force allows you a whole new point of view of the game, you are able to use those moves, all of them, which opens up new ideas and strategies. I consider myself pretty good at no force now and I still get whooped now and again by no force old schoolers. They do have the advantage of using their mouse that can turn so much faster than our controllers do which gives them the upper hand. Doesn't mean they still can't be beaten tho.

As for your idea, it is a good one, but it will take a long time and will be very time consuming. I will try to do it from now on tho when I see someone whining about it. But I don't think I will be able to do it every time, as I just don't have the fire in me about this game as I once did. Still, I will try.
Back to top Go down
~Golden~

~Golden~

PostSubject: Re: General PC player mindset.   General PC player mindset. Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 2:46 pm

I tryed showing a skilled nfer, named Vampire Vanessa, some of the ramps, slow running, inf choke ETC. And to say the least, she was very disinterested. In my mind, these players that have been playing no force since the game came out. Such as Mandolare, Master Blaster, Sithlord, Syniclus, Vanessa, rancor, Yoni, sketchup, Mime, and others. Do not care about force, and want nothing to do with it. So, not to be rude or anything, trying to take them into private servers and showing them force things is just plain stupid, and they will not care about it. They will just blow you off and call you bad and such. There is no point in showing them, they do not want to learn. But, if you really wanna give it a go at the newer school nfers, (Zachzoom, Torch, Crush, InCine ETC.) Be my guest, they will be the ones with the mindset to learn. As for older players as I named before will not want to learn.
Back to top Go down
Crash

Crash

PostSubject: Re: General PC player mindset.   General PC player mindset. Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 2:56 pm

(FOG)Spidey wrote:
I would say no force takes equally as much skill when you compare it to how much you really do use no force moves while using force. You just don't use them that often, very rarely. Most of the time you get killed its because you tried doing a stupid no force move.

On the flip side, no force allows you a whole new point of view of the game, you are able to use those moves, all of them, which opens up new ideas and strategies. I consider myself pretty good at no force now and I still get whooped now and again by no force old schoolers. They do have the advantage of using their mouse that can turn so much faster than our controllers do which gives them the upper hand. Doesn't mean they still can't be beaten tho.

As for your idea, it is a good one, but it will take a long time and will be very time consuming. I will try to do it from now on tho when I see someone whining about it. But I don't think I will be able to do it every time, as I just don't have the fire in me about this game as I once did. Still, I will try.

As Spidey stated, you do use No force in force play. Not to brag, but I am pretty decent at nf and it is actually helpful in force play if utilized correctly. I've had many scenarios in force play where I've been able to use no force and actually get kills.

These include Nulling, Dash attacks, rolling, ramping.

Nulling ~
Say youre a maul and someone is jumping at you when you are on a roof, you can either push them back (Force) Or, null. Null can be anything to waiting for them to land and stunning them with a saber strike. Or even a backslash right as they hit, stunning them and making them killable.

Dash attacking is helpful in the same way, if someone lands on the building, they have that slight time of recovery from landing. If you dash attack them, you can knock them off the roof, or tumble them. Making them killable.

No force has also helped me learn to escape things quicker, by using rolling. Rolling is actually very helpful when a choker lands on the same bubble as you or the same roof. I usually just roll to the ground and slow run away.

So, I believe nf isnt completely useless. Its like the same thing for ps2 players trying to learn nf, as it is pc players learning force.
Back to top Go down
Vespillo

PostSubject: Re: General PC player mindset.   General PC player mindset. Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 6:53 pm

no force is definatly used n force usin. i never said it wasnt. a good example is this, say you are an anakin. a hero jusmp and lands right next to you...does not notice you are there....do you a.)waste your choke and walk the tow steps to get the combo? or b.) not use your force, and just do the combo? Either is effective, but only one doesnt use up the stamina. That and things like backslash, combo breaking attacks, etc. are all nf skills which yes, do play a huge part in force using. and when using roll to avoid a choke, wont work with a good choker such as myself. most of the time when i use a choker, i DO NOT rely on aiming my character towards the person i am trying to choke I use the lock on, which will follow the person. So if I am locked on you, the only way you are getting out of it, is to slow run, or get behind me, as when i am locked on it will follow you when you roll and you are fucked...lol I honestly think the most useful thing when it comes to nf that can be applied in force usage, are the points in certain characters combos, that will either break other character combos, or stumble them froma dash attack. The most important key point here is this, a good force user, wwill use both nf and force to be a good player.....a nf user is limited to what they can accomplish with their saber
Back to top Go down
Sir Vestavian

PostSubject: Re: General PC player mindset.   General PC player mindset. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 10:56 pm

~Golden~ wrote:
I tryed showing a skilled nfer, named Vampire Vanessa, some of the ramps, slow running, inf choke ETC. And to say the least, she was very disinterested. In my mind, these players that have been playing no force since the game came out. Such as Mandolare, Master Blasterrd, Syniclus, Vanessa, rancor, Yoni, sketchup, Mime, and others. Do not care about force, and want nothing to do with it. So, not to be rude or anything, trying to take them into private servers and showing them force things is just plain stupid, and they will not care about it. They will just blow you off and call you bad and such. There is no point in showing them, they do not want to learn. But, if you really wanna give it a go at the newer school nfers, (Zachzoom, Torch, Crush, InCine ETC.) Be my guest, they will be the ones with the mindset to learn. As for older players as I named before will not want to learn.

Vanessa is a pretty skilless nfer...shes been playing the game for less than a year. Mandalore is the best hero assault player, in force also, better than raul. Mime hanst been playingsince the game came out, rancor never even plays...incine is far from new, lol. Zachzoom hates force.

Your info is reaaally flawed. Im an nf player myself, ive been playing for three years, I know my shit, dont ttry and argue. Idk where you got this stuff golden, lmao.
Back to top Go down
(FOG)White-Wizard
Sith Lord God of the Game
(FOG)White-Wizard

PostSubject: Re: General PC player mindset.   General PC player mindset. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 7:48 pm

Sir Vestavian wrote:
~Golden~ wrote:
I tryed showing a skilled nfer, named Vampire Vanessa, some of the ramps, slow running, inf choke ETC. And to say the least, she was very disinterested. In my mind, these players that have been playing no force since the game came out. Such as Mandolare, Master Blasterrd, Syniclus, Vanessa, rancor, Yoni, sketchup, Mime, and others. Do not care about force, and want nothing to do with it. So, not to be rude or anything, trying to take them into private servers and showing them force things is just plain stupid, and they will not care about it. They will just blow you off and call you bad and such. There is no point in showing them, they do not want to learn. But, if you really wanna give it a go at the newer school nfers, (Zachzoom, Torch, Crush, InCine ETC.) Be my guest, they will be the ones with the mindset to learn. As for older players as I named before will not want to learn.

Vanessa is a pretty skilless nfer...shes been playing the game for less than a year. Mandalore is the best hero assault player, in force also, better than raul. Mime hanst been playingsince the game came out, rancor never even plays...incine is far from new, lol. Zachzoom hates force.

Your info is reaaally flawed. Im an nf player myself, ive been playing for three years, I know my shit, dont ttry and argue. Idk where you got this stuff golden, lmao.

I beat Vanny 10-0 a few days ago. She aint good at nf lol. And her only skill is with vader, and compared to mine and most nf vaders is not that great. Mandalore is a washed up legend.
Back to top Go down
Sir Vestavian

PostSubject: Re: General PC player mindset.   General PC player mindset. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 8:17 pm

(FOG)White-Wizard wrote:
Sir Vestavian wrote:
~Golden~ wrote:

Mandalore is a washed up legend.

He can still beat anybody in this game, but sadly he quit.
Back to top Go down
(FOG)White-Wizard
(FOG)White-Wizard

PostSubject: Re: General PC player mindset.   General PC player mindset. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 8:19 pm

As i said, washed up legend.
Back to top Go down
Sir Vestavian

PostSubject: Re: General PC player mindset.   General PC player mindset. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 8:21 pm

Vespillo wrote:
i never once said that no forcing requires no skill, as i myself can attest that i am terrible at it. I just was implying that actual technical force usage requires a lot MORE skill, which is why I feel a lot of ppl bitch about it. It ultimately comes down to one of two things, a. they are just ignorant as shit, or b. they are unwilling to actually invest the time and or effort it takes to actually become a decent player using force, so they write it off as a bad investment. I myself have been a force user since 08/09 on ps2, and by no means do I consider myself a master at this point. I am good, but i am not a superstar if you catch my understanding.

As far as the swgo server whining about force using, trust me i know. I think most of the ppl in there that whine about it fall under the A category stated above. And those are precisely the kind of ppl I am talking about "taking under a wing" so to speak, and showing them specifically how much fun and how technical force usage actually is. those in the SWGO server that fall under the B category stated above have a different scenario. They are usually just mad that their efforts at no force, will never be able to match even a  bad force user, so they think it is stupid and therefore don't even bother. However again, if those same ppl actually took the time to learn it, they would really enjoy it, and not have to complain every time they et killed by a force user.

Ramping as you stated, I have never seen used in no forcing, as just about every no fore "duel" if you will, always seems to happen in the arena from what  have seen so far. I could be wrong, just going off of my observations. And CBING?.......wtf is that? I assume you are saying corner blocking? I have seen a bunch of no forcers use that term......If I am in fact correct in that it stands for corner blocking, then that alone shows the ignorance of most no forcers when it comes to even a simple thing as blocking. Ask any pro player that originated from ps2, they will tell you that the so called "cb" or corner block, is actually different or every character, or that some characters blocks are stronger than others? Or that, if you can picture this, the corner block, actually does not have a damn thing to do with sitting in a corner and blocking, but actually has to do with geometric lines on the map, and how many of these said lines your character is facing at the time? Ever wonder why Maul, Vader, and Dooku,  all seem to have a less powerful block than all the other characters? Its because they have to look at two of these lines, while all other characters only have to look at one for the block to work correctly.

Like I said, there is tons of info I can distribute to the no forcer who is interested in learning the ways of the force.......the ways of the gods........please feel free to try to set something up with me if you are interested.

Well, a lot of the info you have here is because you haven't been around long. Just hang around some people, hit me up if you have any questions. 

CB actually means Center Block. Most PC players have no idea what the hell Perfect Block is, so they think that you can only PB (CB) at the Center, hence the "Center Block".
Back to top Go down
Sir Vestavian

PostSubject: Re: General PC player mindset.   General PC player mindset. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 8:21 pm

(FOG)White-Wizard wrote:
As i said, washed up legend.
I guess.
Back to top Go down
Raul

PostSubject: Re: General PC player mindset.   General PC player mindset. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 8:13 pm

this nigga golden said mandalore is better than me.......
Back to top Go down
Sketchup

PostSubject: Re: General PC player mindset.   General PC player mindset. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 2:13 am

lol @ this thread
Back to top Go down
SplINteR

SplINteR

PostSubject: Re: General PC player mindset.   General PC player mindset. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 11:49 am

lol @ you getting a dislike for almost every post. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
(FOG)White-Wizard
(FOG)White-Wizard

PostSubject: Re: General PC player mindset.   General PC player mindset. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 6:00 pm

lol
Back to top Go down
NagaSado

PostSubject: Re: General PC player mindset.   General PC player mindset. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 3:29 pm

By the way perfect block and center block are not the same thing. CB you are aiming directly at the center of the map(octagon or evaporator) while perfect block is an impenetrable block that is achieved through aiming at the x which lays over the map. From what i have seen of NF I wouldnt say it take NO skill but its no where near as complex as force and even more so on ps2. While there may be a few little tricks and gimmicks for no force it pales in comparison to the tactics implemented in an evolved forcer. Thats also the reason ps2 players beat pc players ass whenever thye do come over(no an insult); due to the fact that ps2 has been built ground up for force. Ive heard the misconception that force is just "push and you got a kill" but those people fail to realize that force attacks can be countered :although they require practice,precision, and cunning not akin to no force.
Back to top Go down
(FOG)Spidey
Admin
(FOG)Spidey

PostSubject: Re: General PC player mindset.   General PC player mindset. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 9:39 pm

Lost to sketchup in a whole map nf 1v1 by 1 point.

Needless to say, I've learned pretty much all the nf moves while using force on ps2, just a matter of using them at the correct place and exploiting the opponent at the right time.

Back to top Go down
Raul

PostSubject: Re: General PC player mindset.   General PC player mindset. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:38 pm

Spidey is bad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General PC player mindset.   General PC player mindset. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General PC player mindset.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Force of God :: The Common Area :: General Chat-
Jump to: